Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Automated Guarded Bridge for Calibration of Multimegohm Standard Resistors

Status
Not open for further replies.

tswan

I've trying to understand this paper:

**broken link removed**

The Wheatstone bridge is no problem, but I just don't understand how the author's bridge using 2 supplies works. In the paper he says that the detector measures the difference of the the currents flowing through Rx and Rs, but it sure looks like the detector would measure the sum of these two currents.

I know I'm not understanding something fundamental and I'm hoping someone here might be able to explain to me why adjusting the voltages will null out the current.

Thanks.

I agree with you, as fig 2 in the paper is drawn, the current through the detector will be the sum of the currents in the two resistors.
If the polarity of one of the voltage souces is reversed then the current through the detector will be the difference of the two resistor currents.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back