Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Auto Shutoff circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Queball

:?: I have a battery that I need to charge for 7-8 hours. I would like to build a circuit that cuts the power after 8 hours. I would also be nice to be able to move between 5-10 hours of charge time. Does any one have a design for this? The input would be a standard US 110v outlet, the load is a 8.4v 600mAh Nicad battery pack.

thanks for you help,
Queball.

i'm not sure what the max timing is....

somone let him know if you can use a 555 setup in monostable mode?

what he means that you can generate a 60Hz frequency with the 555 and count the pulses with a 4040 counter and get the timing

Would it be better to stop the charger based on the condition of the battery being charged rather than on time?

auto shutoff

I guess a circuit that check when the batteries are full charged and then with a relay shut the power will be more efficent, rather that meassuring time....

use google.com to find the circuit, i have seen it, but i can not remember the site.

you might be able to use a comparator and a relay to turn on the input of your charging signal ..thay way when the potentional is met it will automaticly turn it off and visa-versa...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back