Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Auto login not working (solved)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grossel

Hi.

Ever since the major update of this forum, I have to manually log in every time I visit. I'm currently using Firefox. This isn't a problem for any other forums I use.

Firefox 3.5.7

[Edit]
I got this working with Opera 10.10

Last edited by a moderator:
Log out, clear your cookies manually then come back and log back in but make sure you click on the box that allows you to auto-log in, it is no longer automatically checked when you log in. I use Firefox 3.5.7 and I have no trouble with auto login so it's not inherantly a browser problem.

I had SOS (Same old S...)

Login worked with IE7 but not Firefox

Solution...

Under Firefox, select Tools/Options/Privacy

Select Cookies
Navigate to "electro-tech-online.com" and delete only this entry

Close Firefox and restart.

This work-around worked for me.

(Deleting the cookies was recommended by one of the other forum members)
Damn, you beat me to the punch again Sceadwian :)

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Thanks. Clearing cookies seem to bee the solution here :)

How can I set a tread to solved? I cannot change subject in my first post.

Last edited:
SPDCHK, the same thing happened to me last time they changed forum software here =) Irritated me for most of a day (I was popping on and off a lot that day) Whenever I have strange browser problems like that the first thing I do now is a global history/cache and cookie deletion, in every occasion where weird browser behavior was noted by myself it's worked, here and on many other sites.

Unfortunatly only a moderator can lock or change a thread in that manner. Personally I would like starters of a thread to have more control over that particular thread. I've seen too many hijacked threads and off topic junk.

I mean seriously, does it really make sense that the person that started a thread on a particular subject can't control the content of that thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back