Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Auto LIghts on indicater

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Finlay

Regards from a Down Under Newbe;
A number of years ago (I am 72.) I took a night school class in basic electronics. The instructor showed us how to construct a small unit, which could be installed in any car, which would buzz when the ignition key was turned off if the lights were still on. I would love to know how to make one of these for my wifes' car.
TIA Don Finlay

search for headlight reminder , i think silicon chip made a kit for it?? i don't have a circuit at the moment, i'll try find one soon.

Way back in the '70s, I just wired the plus end of a Sonalert to the headlight switch output and the minus end to IGN or Acc power in the fusebox. You might add a diode in series if your "Sonalert" does not tolerate reverse voltage.

Some accessories like the heater blower always present an impedance to ground low enough for the Sonalert to operate when the ignition key is in the off position.

I don't need this circuit anymore. Automatic daytime running lights have been standard equipment for years, and the headlights in both my vehicles are automatic when it gets dark. I never have to use the headlight switch except maybe in tunnels due to time delay.

Bob

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back