Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Auto-coupler help !

Status
Not open for further replies.

yusuf

Hello guys ,
i have pc817 auto-coupler and i want take pin 1 & 2 of ic cd4093 high from the output of auto-coupler..

Please have a look..

Not "Auto-coupler", its an "PhotoCoupler", sometimes also called an Optical Coupler or Opto-Isolator.

You are driving the input LED with a CMOS output, so you need a current limiting resistor between the CMOS output and the Anode of the LED.

What supply voltage does the CMOS run on?

What is the photo-transistor switching?

Last edited:
not "auto-coupler", its an "photocoupler", sometimes also called an optical coupler or opto-isolator.

You are driving the input led with a cmos output, so you need a current limiting resistor between the cmos output and the anode of the led.

What supply voltage does the cmos run on?

What is the photo-transistor switching?
Oh ! No ...
Once again...
i want cmos input from the photocoupler OUTPUT to cd4093.
Photo-coupler input will run from direct 5v...
And it will switch or take pin 1,2 of cd4093 high... FROM IT'S OUTPUT PIN..

Last edited:
Very simple. Set up the input resistor R3 to get about 5mA through the Photo-Diode. Note that the circuit will not pass pulse rates above about 5KHz.

Attachments

• Opt0-CMOS.jpg
    Opt0-CMOS.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
what is the value of R2..
I dont understand R2 : 4700

please explain..

4700 Ω = 4.7KΩ = 0.0047megΩ = 4700000mΩ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads