Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

auto activating circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

hakhan

hello to all .i have an idea to build such switch by using which i can activate one of three switch .the story is like this that i have to power supplies in my home and one electric generator supply so i want such circuit that automatically activate one of the three .for example i have supply 1 supply 2 and supply 3 .i want to remain with supply 1 but if goes down due to load shading so supply 2 should be automatically on and if it is also not available so the electric generator should be automatically activated .and one thing more that is in the absence of supply 1 my main circuit breaker should automatically be off

Sounds like supply 1 is your normal power, supply 2 is possibly a UPS or battery backup and supply 3 is a generator? What you seem to want is automatic load transfer switching. However, you don't provide much information?

You don't mention how supply 3 is started or the fuel it uses. Fuel isn't important but how it starts is important. You also don't mention the load current(s) or voltage(s)?

You need to better define things and start with a piece of blank paper and plan your logic in detail. Like how supply comes online? What you are looking at again is load transfer switching but much more information is needed including how you want to go about it?

Ron

dear actualy we have two main supply one is our own supply which is supply 1 and the second one is the supply of our nighbers which is supply 2 and the third one is our electric genrater .so usualy supply 1 is ON and two and three is off bur here in our country loadshading is going on so when supply 2 goes down so we off our main circuit breaker and start using supply 2. and if both supply 1 ,2 goes down then i start genrater which can be oprate on both petrol and gas .so i want to build such circuit which control this all switching automaticaly .i hope u have got me??

Using a simple manual system of relays (contactors) would likely be a good start. You still haven't defined voltage or current switching requirements? You haven't said if the generator is a manual or auto start?

How exactly in detail do you currently do the transfers? What is the budget for the project?

Ron

genrater is salup start and voltage of each supply is 220v and i have not specified the budget for it

ok leave genrater just give me ther circuit for the supply1(220v) and supply2(220v) .
when supply 1 goes down so i want that supply 2 should automaticaly start working and when supply 1 come back so supply 2 should stop working and when both are absent so the alarm should activate

How much down time is acceptable?

Assuming supply 2 is a generator, it'll take a few seconds to start which you'll have to live with.

actually supply 1 is our normal supply and supply 2 is our nighbour's supply and here in our country power load shading is going on so i m talking in that senc

I don't understand, surely if you don't have power then neither will your neighbour?

Does your neighbour mind you using their electricity?

Or are you both stealing electricity anyway?

hahhahahhah no it is not like that actually here electrcity goes for one hour after every 2 hour so we and our nighber have deffrent supply lines and the both supplies dont go at the saim time first our supply goes when it come back then our nighbours supply goes so in the saim sence we use supply of each other and it is not somting like stealing bcz my nighbour is also my own home

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back