Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AUDIO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mat

Why do some manufacturers supply audio goods with o/p cable with minimum strands of copper wire when this would create a greater resistance to the o/p of speakers, is impedance/resistance calculated to a particular systems amplifier to prevent a mismatch, or is this just economics on the manufacturers part, if i used bell wire which obviously has greater gauge and subsequently less resistance improve or underate an audio system albeit tv/stack system etc. 4 ohms/8ohms..

NB: truthfully i have aready used bell wire on my w/s tv with all the bells and whistles, but did mark with tape the positive wire at both ends of the cable to make sure at sw on the spk cones moved out, to date cannot determine any difference?.

Mat said:
Why do some manufacturers supply audio goods with o/p cable with minimum strands of copper wire when this would create a greater resistance to the o/p of speakers, is impedance/resistance calculated to a particular systems amplifier to prevent a mismatch, or is this just economics on the manufacturers part, if i used bell wire which obviously has greater gauge and subsequently less resistance improve or underate an audio system albeit tv/stack system etc. 4 ohms/8ohms..

NB: truthfully i have aready used bell wire on my w/s tv with all the bells and whistles, but did mark with tape the positive wire at both ends of the cable to make sure at sw on the spk cones moved out, to date cannot determine any difference?.

Its all down to economics.........built for a price I'm afraid....

Get yourself some decent cable from someone like Richer Sounds........to minimise losses in your cable oxygen free copper based cable is about the best money can buy, again at a price!

Speaker phasing is what you are on about in the 2nd part of your post.

Its important to have all the speakers phased correctly for optimum performance of your system...Some subwoofers have a phase switch on the rear to allow correct phasing when adding to an existing system..

HTH Chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back