Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audio/Video transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imnewtothis

I have found some schematics of some things I'd like to build. Here are the links... **broken link removed** and... **broken link removed** . Firstly, my goal is to build a camera into a large model rocket and transmit live Audio and Video during the flight. On **broken link removed** they have a BoosterVision GearCam & 12db Hi-Gain Combo that transmits 4000 feet. Which is sufficient, however, I dont want to pay that much cash for it. So I was wondering if I could buy the camera (Video camera with Audio (CM-2CMOS) **broken link removed**) and build the transmitter myself. So... Is there a way to amplify the signal strong enough on either schematic to transmit 2000 feet. And how would I build a reciever that has an RCA output so I could connect it to my laptop? Any suggestions?, (besides not being a cheapskate.) And are there any other alternatives?

Last edited:
Building a transmitter or receiver for video is not a trivial task.
With no experience, no test equipment and no money, you will not succeed.

BTW, what audio do you expect to hear in a rocket whizzing through the air at umpteen miles per hour?

JimB

Dag thats extreme. What kind of equiptment do I need? I would like to go into an engineering field when I graduate, but I need a starting point. And audio... you answered your own question. I have a collection of electronics, and I need something to do with them. So would you suggest just dropping the money then, If it is 100% impossible.

buy a 2.4GHz video transmitter board, and use a large aerial on the ground. Large transmitters need lots of power and on a model rocket that comes from batteries. By the time you have bought frequency meters, scopes, etc the prebuilt module looks good, use the saved money on the ground station.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back