Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audio/Ultrasonic Amplifier (5kHz-50kHz)

Status
Not open for further replies.

plarser48

Hi everyone.

I have some super-tweeters (Radioshack 40-1310B) that I'd like to drive using a PC for an ultrasonic application. In the past I've amped them through a Behringer Eurorack UB1204FX Audio mixer that provides a clean gain of +22dBu (giving about 9.5 Vrms output). But I'd like a little more power output. I'm also interested in instead driving some piezos.

Anyone have any recommended power amplifiers that are fairly flat up to 50kHz?

Alternately, is there a simple-design chip/circuit similar to the LM2876 but operable above 20kHz that can be used?

Thanks!

Thanks for the quick response! Since I've never built an IC power amp to drive a speaker or piezo, I was wondering if you can provide a link to a reference circuit or even reference IC to start with that you would recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back