Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

audio-triggered incandescent lamp controller/variable dimmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

floridapaul

I want to make an incandescent light controller (that used to be available at Radio Shack - last millenium). It uses a triac (I think) and works like a dimmer except that the trigger is influenced by an audio input. It is really cool and adds that WHAT WAS THAT! effect to lighting in a haunted house.
I'm new to the forum and don't know what media types are supported but it would be great if I could get a schematic diagram. Thanks.
(P.S. What's a Poll Question?)

Re: audio-triggered incandescent lamp controller/variable di

floridapaul said:
I want to make an incandescent light controller (that used to be available at Radio Shack - last millenium). It uses a triac (I think) and works like a dimmer except that the trigger is influenced by an audio input. It is really cool and adds that WHAT WAS THAT! effect to lighting in a haunted house.
I'm new to the forum and don't know what media types are supported but it would be great if I could get a schematic diagram. Thanks.
(P.S. What's a Poll Question?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back