Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audio transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.
crivoli said:
Can you suggest a specific 1:4 transformer I could use?
Speaker transformers are really VERY old technology, so you don't see them much at all these days (or for the last 30-40 years), transistor pretty well rendered them obselete.

What EXACTLY are you wanting to do?.

I am trying to build this intercom with 8 ohm speakers.

**broken link removed** ( at the bottom of the page )

It states that I need an audio transformer if I use 8 ohm speakers. Is there something I could use instead of the transformer?

Thanks

crivoli said:
I am trying to build this intercom with 8 ohm speakers.

**broken link removed** ( at the bottom of the page )

It states that I need an audio transformer if I use 8 ohm speakers. Is there something I could use instead of the transformer?

It would be difficult to find them these days, and would probably cost more than buying some higher impedance speakers (assuming you could find them as well). Personally, I would suggest looking for a better intercom circuit, that's really a pretty poor one!.

Considering who cheap you can buy commercial intercoms, have you considered just buying one?.

I could buy one, but I am interested in making it. I don't need one at all, I just want to build it for fun :)

This page explains all. Audio transformers are still in wide use even today, they are mainly used to match 8-ohm speakers to the 100V line in PA systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back