Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audio tone control circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

ormo

Hi, I am constructing the tone control circuit that is attached. Ignore the +/- 28V lines, they feed the amplifier this runs into. The 50K balance pot runs to the same point on an identical circuit below for the right channel.

I am constructing it on a breadboard at the moment, and I've got as far as the 10R resistor coming out of the first op-amp. I'm periodically testing the audio signal that comes out with a small piezoelectric sounder to check that I haven't made a mistake in the circuit. Testing the circuit at the point gives me a very quiet signal with poor quality (compared to testing it where it enters the breadboard).

Have I made a mistake in the circuit (I can't see one) or is there something wrong with the diagram?

Thanks,

ADDED: I've also just noticed that connecting the sounder between the positive rail and the signal ground actually plays the audio input signal, and the three unused output pins of the op-amp (TL074 - it's 4 in one chip) give the audio signal. :confused:

Attachments

• amp.png
    amp.png
    49.3 KB · Views: 327
Last edited:
What is the power to the op amps?

Power to the TL074 is +/- 15V at about 230mA

Ok I've got no idea why but it's suddenly started working... maybe some leads were touching or something. Thanks anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back