Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audio tape cassette recording.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tblo163

I have had lots of success capturing and recording old VHS tapes and burning to disc via my old VHS recorder and computer.Now I want to persue the project of recording Audio to blank audio cassettes.I have a stereo unit that has twin tape players that give the option to record one tape to another or via the radio tuner.Is it possible to modify this to enable an audio signal from a digital source,eg;computer, cd player or mp3 player? I feel that this should be possible,I just need some ideas!

The stereo unit doesn't have an external audio input jack?

Does anybody use or sell audio cassette tapes anymore?

If the stereo can record from its radio tuner then it must have inputs for auxilliary and microphone.

How about a mic input? whats the name and model of your unit? If you where digitizing VHS tapes why would you want to make cassette tapes? or do you want to digitize cassette tapes. Andy

problems replying

I have tried 3 times to reply to the replies from the members who have submitted their help,but have fail every time,so I will have to reply by opening a new thread. sorry.every time I press post reply,it just goes back to the empty reply box.

Update on replying issue.

The model is:-Sharp CD-DP2400 mini component system,and it does have right and left RCA Video/Aux input jacks,so there should be no problem with playback via the line-out jack on a computer.I don't know if it will record this input,I will try it.
The reason I wish to do this is:-Many here in the UK,still have stock Radio/Cassette head units in their cars and they are still being fitted ('cos they are cheaper)
Thanks to all who replied.

Cars used compact cassette tapes 42 years ago. Then they changed to CDs 30 years ago.
Why are your cars so old??

My car is fairly old (5 years) and plays CDs and MP3s.

Last edited:
Yes audioguru, you can still find cassette tapes at many electronics stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back