Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audio System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone. I'm doing a project which is using old speakers from an on old 5.1 DVD player Surround System and making my own amplifier for my computer. However i need a suggestion for an ic which is able to run the speakers at 30watt at 8ohms. It needs to be good quality and I dont want to use an lm386. i don't mind if i buy 6 mono amps. ive looked over the internet but haven't found any suitable amp ic's.

Last edited:
Usually the sub-woofer has a much more powerful amplifier than the other channels have.
An LM3886 amplifier IC is excellent and is used in all the "gain clone" amplifiers on the web. With a plus and minus 25V supply its output is 30W into 8 ohms. There are many pcb designs for it on the web.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back