Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audio saver and comparator

Status
Not open for further replies.

bananasiong

Hi,
Can I make my own sound recorder, then when the user input voice via a mic, it will compare the sound and response to it. For example, 'left', 'right', 'go' etc. Not necessary listen to one user, everyone can give instruction. I've heard that this function can be done by pc, but i need it out of computer. Any idea?

Thanks.

The problem is each time I say the word "left" it will sound very slightly different, and if you were to say it it would be even more different. The challange is to tell a computer which differences are important and which are, it needs to recognise the overal pattern in order for it to match your voice against a pre-recorded one.

There are some kits around to help you do this, I certainly wouldn't bother designing one myself as it's a very big project in itself.

https://www.google.com/search?num=1...=result&cd=1&q=speech+recognition+kit&spell=1

bananasiong said:
Hi,
Can I make my own sound recorder, then when the user input voice via a mic, it will compare the sound and response to it. For example, 'left', 'right', 'go' etc. Not necessary listen to one user, everyone can give instruction. I've heard that this function can be done by pc, but i need it out of computer. Any idea?

Thanks.
Some older mobile phones (like Nokia3310) have a simple vocal calling function. U can use the components from it. If you're using a low rez ADC most of the time the words wil "sound" the same for the uC if the same person is talking. If the voice is changed (another person or ....catched a cold:p ) the sistem won't work.

Hi,
I found that, if I really want to make your own speech recognition, I must have certain IC that is not available in my place. So I decided to use this function from Windows, then parallel port send signal to the microcontroller. Can VB do this?

Tarsil said:
Some older mobile phones (like Nokia3310) have a simple vocal calling function. U can use the components from it. If you're using a low rez ADC most of the time the words wil "sound" the same for the uC if the same person is talking. If the voice is changed (another person or ....catched a cold:p ) the sistem won't work.

Tarsil is rite... computer is sensitive... it senses even a little changes from the first recorded sound... making it isnt simple...
what i m now worry bout is will the system works if the sound if from other guy who wasnt the one who record the sound???

I've heard about some comercial available voice recognition boards for PC at some science fairs. That was 3 years ago. Those models costed like 8-1200$ and where capable of recognizing like 1000+ words spoken by any person. I haven't seen one.
The computers 3 years ago had less computing power so the function had to be hardware implemented. Today....with a sound aquisition software&hardware and a lot of VB routines ....might be posible. I'm no programing wiz but I think is quite hard:D . Maybe for a small number of words...who knows:confused: ?

I need only a fews of words.. less than 10. I've seen they do this: someone speak thru the mic, "my computer", then the my computer window will come out.

Why don't you simply Google for speach recognition software then? Then install it on your PC.

Yes, I''ve found a software, but haven't tried yet. i need the software to work with either VB or C++ to interface with the parallel port.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back