Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

audio recording,need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

drom

hi everyone,
would anyone help me with a task i am trying to acheive,i am trying to build a one master play -6 record side audio cassete recorder for a freind who gives out free messages on tapes but has not much time to record.i need a circuit or conecrtion diagram
thanks all
[/quote]

Audio cassette recorder? Tapes?
I did that 30 years ago.
Why can't your friend make his recordings on his computer, burn some CDs and hand them out?

help

i only asked for help because i needed to satisfy him,he want's something cheap and easily accesable and usable in this part of the world(africa).i still need any sugestion or reference to any web page or file.
thanks

Re: help

drom said:
i only asked for help because i needed to satisfy him,he want's something cheap and easily accesable and usable in this part of the world(africa).i still need any sugestion or reference to any web page or file.
thanks

If you entered your location in your profile, we would know where you are!, but as you didn't, how are we supposed to know?.

I'm presuming you want to make multiple copies at the same time?, you just need to link from the line output of the playback machine to the line input of the record machines - as it's a fairly low impedance feeding fairly high impedances it should work OK. If not, you would need to built a buffer amplifer - or perhaps loop through from one machine to the next?, but this depends on the machines.

They still use cassette tapes in Africa? They are 30 years or more behind the rest of us?
Then what do they do with all their CDs and DVDs? Throw them around like frisbee's? He, he.
I've never tried to burn an MP3 onto a cassette tape. It would make a lot of smoke. He, he.
I use all the CD Roms that I get in newspapers and in the mail from AOL (internet SP) to make my LED chasers. :lol:

I am very sorry to ridicule your continent but I just realised something.
You folks are behind most of the rest of the world. The other part of the world that is also behind like you eat nothing but rice. I don't think that rice grows in Africa so what do you folks eat? Each other? He, he. :lol:

audioguru said:
I've never tried to burn an MP3 onto a cassette tape. It would make a lot of smoke. He, he.

I didn't even get to the making smoke part - I had trouble just trying to fit the tape into my burner :shock:

try an microwave oven.It shod burn your tape realy nice! :lol: :lol: :lol:

the oly tapes i use are Video tapes of my VCR.

Most of the stereos that have 2 tape drives can copy tapes.

Haven't you heard the poor quality of a copied analog tape? Video is even worse. It ain't digital.

My video recorder has a hard drive in it and it its videos are crystal clear.

thank you Nigel Goodwin , i will give that a try.As for you all who think you can be smart with remarks ,news flash for you,africa contains the best kind of brains and i heard you are even more scared to know a man from my part of the continent.come down to africa to get answers to your questions .as for us being behind well i am glad to tell u that most of your softwares are tested by us nigerians which makes us what?behind you say :!: .well, comment reserved for another time for mud slinging is not my style.
thank you again

audioguru said:
Haven't you heard the poor quality of a copied analog tape? Video is even worse. It ain't digital.

Most modern cars still come with cassette players fitted!, CD's are often an optional extra. A single copy from an original master will be more than acceptable quality, particularly for just voice recordings.

As far as I'm aware, most talking newspapers for the blind still use tape, with the tapes sent back every week and re-recorded.

There's also still a huge market in 'porta studio' four track cassette recorders, cassette isn't dead yet - not by a LONG way!.

Don't be obsessed with 'digital', it has some advantages and some disadvantages - for example, digital TV is far poorer quality than analogue TV!.

Hi Drom,
You are in Nigeria? My e-mail's inbox knows Nigeria very well. I receive many Nigerian spam scams. "Congratulations on winning our lottery! I am a secretary in a bank in England and need a cheque from you to pay our fee. Also please give us your bank details and credit card number." All the references are in England but an ISP trace shows it originated from Nigeria. I also receive many spam scams about a certain rich foreigner dying in Nigeria without any kin and someone in a bank there needs my help to transfer the funds out of Nigeria so the government doesn't get the fortune. Of course many fees are involved and my bank details must be provided.

Hi Nigel,
Cars over here with their steering wheel on the right, err I mean correct side (he, he) haven't been equipped with cassette players for years. Many family vans are equipped with DVD players for the kiddies in back to watch their favourite cartoons.
Years ago at least one American major audio-video chain stopped selling VCRs.

What's wrong with digital TV? My cable TV and recorder, and my son's sattelite TV are all digital and are absolutely perfect! Much, much better than old analog TV. CDs and DVDs sound and look pretty good too. We have the original NTSC system over here so maybe the improvements made to it by your Post Office and the BBC cause yours to mess-up when digital. Maybe the digital TV that you have seen was precessed by a standards converter. :lol:

audioguru said:
What's wrong with digital TV? My cable TV and recorder, and my son's sattelite TV are all digital and are absolutely perfect! Much, much better than old analog TV. CDs and DVDs sound and look pretty good too. We have the original NTSC system over here so maybe the improvements made to it by your Post Office and the BBC cause yours to mess-up when digital. Maybe the digital TV that you have seen was precessed by a standards converter. :lol:

Digital TV is MPEG processed, so all the detail in the picture is thrown away!, if you have the capability to put two identical sets on side by side, one fed from broadcast analogue and one fed from broadcast digital (assuming both have excellent signal strength) the analogue picture totally 'blows away' the digital one.

If digital is better than analogue pictures, you have a problem with your analogue source!.

This is with 625 line PAL of course, with the inferior 525 line NTSC system the difference wouldn't be as great :lol:

BTW, PAL was nothing to do with the Post Office or BBC, it was designed by Telefunken in Germany - basically to cure most of the problems with NTSC.

Just as the UK suffered by being the first nation to have a TV service, the USA suffered by being first to have colour (sorry - color!). The UK closed their old service years ago, it's about time the USA did the same with NTSC 8)

Hi Nigel,
I saw your obsolete 4xx line system when I was over there. Its lines were very obvious. I also saw your much improved 625 line PAL system and it is much better than the American "Never The Same Colors" sytem. The American sytem is better than it was, now that all stations agree on phase.

The only times I notice digital compression of a picture are during overseas fast-motion soccer games and car races. Since satellites are used it occurs both on analog and digital reception. Locally I just watch slow hockey and baseball games and compression isn't obvious.

I got digital cable TV when it was invented. The salesman lied or just didn't know that only their few newest stations were digital. I was very disappointed when I switched between analog and digital and saw no difference. Luckily their digital box was better than being at no extra cost. I got and still get a discount for having both their digital TV service and high-speed internet service on cable.
Now all the stations are digital, and I can switch the old stations between analog and digital. There is an enormous difference in improved definition and lack of noise (snow) with digital.

The American digital High Definition system is very clear, but only if the TV set is right in front of your face, up close. In the future when plazma or LCD screens are huge it will be a big improvement and I might get it.

I don't like those large-screen "projection" TVs that they have today. If you are off-axis you don't see anything and their brightness is low anyway. Surely the lifetime of their little water-cooled CRTs inside is low! I don't notice much improvement with the large-screen projection TVs that use an LCD switcher/shutter thingy inside. :lol:

audioguru said:
The only times I notice digital compression of a picture are during overseas fast-motion soccer games and car races. Since satellites are used it occurs both on analog and digital reception. Locally I just watch slow hockey and baseball games and compression isn't obvious.

It would only occur on both if the analogue satellite feed if from the digital source. For a while in the UK we had both analogue and digital satellites running - putting them on side by side, on identical TV's (useful working at a TV shop!), really shows the difference up. On the digital satellite you get lower definition, movement artifacts, and just generally poorer, the analogue was so much better.

But digital TV isn't about quality, it's about costs for the broadcaster, so analogue has to go :cry:

I got digital cable TV when it was invented. The salesman lied or just didn't know that only their few newest stations were digital. I was very disappointed when I switched between analog and digital and saw no difference. Luckily their digital box was better than being at no extra cost. I got and still get a discount for having both their digital TV service and high-speed internet service on cable.
Now all the stations are digital, and I can switch the old stations between analog and digital. There is an enormous difference in improved definition and lack of noise (snow) with digital.

With good analogue reception there is no snow!. Cetainly if you have snowy analogue, digital looks better - simply because of the lack of snow, and people generally aren't used to spotting the defects on digital TV.

The American digital High Definition system is very clear, but only if the TV set is right in front of your face, up close. In the future when plazma or LCD screens are huge it will be a big improvement and I might get it.

The UK HDTV service is due to start tests this summer, from satellite, run by BSkyB - the normal terrestrial services have no current plans to follow suit.

My boss went to an exclusive demonstration the other week, he said it was amazing!. As there are not even test transmissions at the moment, it was demonstated from a professional HD VCR - it was so expensive it came with it's own guard, who wasn't allowed to leave it's side :p

I don't like those large-screen "projection" TVs that they have today. If you are off-axis you don't see anything and their brightness is low anyway. Surely the lifetime of their little water-cooled CRTs inside is low! I don't notice much improvement with the large-screen projection TVs that use an LCD switcher/shutter thingy inside. :lol:

As they are only low resolution you have to sit a long way from them, I don't like them either!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back