Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audio Quality Improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.

zesla

Hello guys,

I need a software to improve the quality and the background noise of the sound I have recorded by my Digital Camera.

Any Idea/Software plz?

Thank you very much.

Hi.

I prefer to use Audacity to edit sounds. It also have the ability to remove noise ;)

You need to load the file into DVD soft https://www.dvdvideosoft.com/ and convert to a format that audacity can handle..

Funny enough... Movie maker from microsoft has a few tools to tweak audio and video... It reads MPG video as well.

Ok, thank you all guys for your comments.

I found a software called "Sound Forge" which is able to work with both audio and video files.

Now, Is there any software to improve the quality of an audio too?

thanks

Improve how?

Yes, but you won't like my answer. Any decent audio editing software have some low pass filter function. Filtering away any frequensis above, say 2kHZ will probably remove any audible noise that you get from lossy sound compression formats. But it will also parts of the sound that you don't want to remove.

Exept from that, the answer is no.

Yes, but you won't like my answer. Any decent audio editing software have some low pass filter function. Filtering away any frequensis above, say 2kHZ will probably remove any audible noise that you get from lossy sound compression formats. But it will also parts of the sound that you don't want to remove.

Exept from that, the answer is no.
An LPF is not effective for noise-reduction: it doesn't remove low frequency noise and it destroys the signal you want to retain. As stated above, some audio editor software packages contain a noise-reduction function which uses a filter modeled on the background noise of the recording.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back