Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audio project for custom Trike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quincy

Hello all,

This looks like the place to get some help with a project of mine. I am building a VW powered Trike [For those not familiar you can go to btw.com] and will have a basic stereo radio cb and intercom for my passenger and myself. I would like to tie these all together so they all can be incorporated in the intercom. I have the radio but not the cb or intercom. Can anybody help me with a circuit or componants that will do this job please? I can not design the circuit. I can assemble electronics and read schematics so with some direction I dont see a problem building or combining componants.

I hope my first post did not break any rules or offend anyone if I have I apoligize.

Thanks for any help you experts can give me.

Q

Last edited:
Consider something ready-made from ebay. For example an aircraft intercom usually includes the ability to connect to a two-way radio as well as a stereo for entertainment.

example **broken link removed**

Thanks Ron,
I never would have thought to go in that direction, I did not even know they existed. Is there anything else in the same ballpark that might work?

Q

I did a google on motorcycle intercom and got lots of hits. Here is a fancy one:
http://www.starcom1.com/therange.htm

and a cheap one:

**broken link removed**

but there seems to be many. Some don't have the stereo inputs but looks like most can hook up to CB or FRS radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back