Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audio Jack + Octect Mic Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sullivan

Ok, i have made and soldered together a little microphone that plugs into my pc, I made it for fun, but also as a miniature mic. Can anyone let me know if it done correctly. Heres a little diagram I whipped up:

**broken link removed**

I am not sure if any resistors etc... are needed, I am new to this type of thing.

If this is wrong, please let me know. I am not exactly sure which spot on the audio jack is supposed to be soldered onto the mic. There are two things on the mic, and two spots on the audio jack. I have tested it, and it works, I am just scared I might now have done it right/correctly, and fry something.

The microphone is called an electret type, not what you called it. Look in Google.
One pin is connected to its metal case and should connect to 0V in your circuit. It connects to the shield of an audio cable. The other pin carries the audio and is biased with a positive current in the preamp.
You are lucky you connected it correctly.

Last edited:
If the wires are backwards then the microphone will not work.
I repeat, You Are Lucky that You Got The Wires Correct.

Not enough information? Please tell me what I need to provide you with then.
You showed a microphone that you are lucky to connect with the proper polarity. You and we are glad that it works.
Now what do you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back