Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audio Impedence Matching Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suraj143

I have a PA amplifier. Its output power is 70W, 100V, 4-16Ohms.

What I want is a small circuit to give inputs from the above amplifier (output) to another amplifier (input) rated 470mV/10Kohms specifications

Thanks

Hi Nigel I don't know what is an attenuator !

The speaker is in very far.So I need to take the signal from the speaker to the input of the 2nd amplifier (470mV/10Kohms).

What should I make?

Ok thanks but PA speaker systems have another transformer inside the speaker.

Do you telling to use a voltage divider input of the transformer (same amplifier output) or output of the transformer (final speaker lines).

I just calculated divider resister values.Top resister should have 2.2Mohms & the bottom resistor must have 10K.

Is my values ok?

I just calculated divider resister values.Top resister should have 2.2Mohms & the bottom resistor must have 10K.

Is my values ok?

Try it and see - however, you're better off tapping from the 4-16 ohm ouput, as the 100V transformer output 'may' be isolated - if not, then it's fine to use the 100V. I would suggest an initial 100/1 ratio if you're tapping off the 100V line, bringing it down to about 1V

Here is the circuit I'm going to build is it all right?

Attachments

• Impedence.JPG
    Impedence.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 139
If you use very high value resistors like 2.2M feeding 10k then you will lose high audio frequencies and will not have enough output level.
Use 22k ohms /0.5W feeding 470 ohms /0.25W ohms then turn down the volume control on the second amplifier to the volume you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back