Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audio Frequency Driven LED's (HELP!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iONic

I have a circuit that takes the audio input from my home stereo or CD portable CD player and drives LED's as a result of the beat or signal intensity.

**broken link removed**

What I really want to do is to improve this by having 3 different set of LED's, perhaps Red, Green, Yellow that will correspond to specific signal frequencies as apposed to the whole audible spectrum. For example:
the Red LED's would follow the signal intensity for the Base frequencies (20Hz - 320Hz), Green for 320Hz - 5.12kHz, and Yellow for 5.12kHz - 20kHz.

Frequency filtering is really new to me so I could use as much help as possible here!

Thanks!

It is Called a Color Organ. They were very popular in te 60's and 70's.

There is a fairly good One on my Website that runs Incandescent Bulbs.

In a Few Days there will be another one to run LED's or whatever for use in a Car or any 12 volt DC system.

These both use simple "Active Filters".

If you want SIMPLER, you would use "Passive Filters" but you will still need some Transistors or ICs to amplify the signal and supply power to the LED's

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back