Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

audio filters and capacitor voltage rating

Which 2004 presidential candidate is the better choice in terms of reducing the current high-tech jo

• Neither, we’re screwed either way.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kerry

• Bush

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jwmac

Dear Friends,

I recently ordered an assortment of mylar capacitors for an audio filter circuit (active). All of the capacitors are rated at 100V except these large 1.0nF one's that are rated at 1000V. I did not realize this untill they arrived yesterday. Will the size of these capacitors have any effect on the sound quality if I use them?

Thank you in advance.

capacitor voltage

I have never known the physical size to cause adverse effects in an audio circuit. As you know the dielectric and its thickness determines the voltage rating of the capacitor. I have built a lot of audio filters and have
not noticed any adverse effects. Good luck with your project

thank you

Thanks for your input. As you can tell, I'm a bit green when it comes to practical circuit elements and capacitors are incredibly diverse. I was afraid that people would find my question quite trivial, but you responded very respectfully and I appreciate that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back