Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audio Filter Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

endean0

Can anyone help please?
Does anyone have a schematic to build an audio filter that will reduce any background noise outside of 300 Hz to 3500 Hz picked up through a directional microphone?
:roll:
Thanks

endean0 said:
Can anyone help please?
Does anyone have a schematic to build an audio filter that will reduce any background noise outside of 300 Hz to 3500 Hz picked up through a directional microphone?
:roll:
Thanks
So you need a bandpass filter... Try google.. Example filter designs are everywhere...

5% tolerance will work. You will want to use a less expensive op amp.

Attachments

• audio_filter.jpg
    audio_filter.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 540
Go to this link on my website. It is for a Shotgun or Parabolic Mic. And it includes the Filter you want.

**broken link removed**

Take care.........Gary

2-pole filters are kinda droopy, aren't they.

But it will sound like an old-fashioned telephone! (New phones sound better):
Can't you hear me? I said, "telephone", not "ele own".
I told you I have six of them, not "ick uh 'em".
Un, oo ,ree ,or ,ive, ick, evven, A, ine, en! Yep, 10 fingers.

You might need a translator.

Who ever said the speech band is only from 300 to 3000 Hz? They must have been deaf and were reading lips!
Have you ever heard an underwater throat microphone? Awful sound, like TV announcers and their darn tie-clip mics that pick-up only chest vibrations, then their compressor cuts all the important sounds way down.
Why is the frequency response form the TV reporter who is "out on the street" flat down to DC? We don't need to feel the rumbling of traffic. A low cutoff at about 80Hz will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back