Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audio feedback problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darn my upload of an xls file did not work. Let's try a zip version.

Attachments

• cascade.zip
    78.1 KB · Views: 168
However, while it will certainly outperform the circuit in question, a proper superhet is really the way to go - but a direct conversion receiver like this can certainly perform.

I hope atleast it will not create ducks :D

Well, I have a query(1min SV ;)) that RFC coil ends to be soldered on to the ends of carbon resistor making them parallel??

They are parallel, but usually the resistor value is so high that its impedance can be ignored. Winding around a resistor is just a convenient way to make a coil. You can ignore the resistor.

Again I heard some ducks quacking.
The audio quality is horrible.

Is the BFO at the wrong frequency or are the guys castrated sopranos?
Why is the audio bandwidth so narrow?

I hope atleast it will not create ducks :D

Well, I have a query(1min SV ;)) that RFC coil ends to be soldered on to the ends of carbon resistor making them parallel??

Which one? In the whole design I'm using only two types of cores except for the BFO. I'm using Amidon FT-37-43 for the chokes and the filters & oscillators are Amidon T-37-02. The BFO needed to run at the 2nd IF which is around 2MHz (low freq) so I'm using Amidon T-80-06 (yellow).

I would not use a resistor. It will work in very low signal levels but the ferrite cores (FT-37-43) have self shielding properties. It enables you to get away with less shielding.

That's not the woodpecker. If it is, there is something seriously wrong with your receiver. The woodpecker has a much slower repetition rate. The SSB audio sounds normal though.

Thanks kchriste. Well I sure thout that was the woodpecker. Seems like the same one I've been hearing for years but who knows. Might be the HAARP. It uses similar technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back