Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

audio equipment question

Status
Not open for further replies.

regulaz

**broken link removed**

i have that system lying around gathering dust... speakers seem powerful but it isnt 5.1 output..

i would like to have this hooked up to the computer to make it a 5.1 system or 7.1 system.

how do i go about doing that?

i have a HTPC with DG45ID motherboard.

how do i make the best use of these speakers?

is this what i need to get the speakers working with the pc?

**broken link removed**

this mhc-rv8 is 7000W system... is that good enough to power this?

probably need this amp? **broken link removed**

i need to match all the specs with those of the speakers before making purchases... impendance ohms etc... not too clever with that...

could use some help here ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
How the hell did you manage to make the links like that? This way it is pretty hard to say anything.

It appears your system has an amplifier with the speakers. If so you just need to connect the computer output to the inputs on the amplifier.

If you got a 5.1 sound card obviously, and most computers made after 2000 do. And yours seems to have the necessary connectors, so why don´t you check the manual?

To do 5.1 you need 5 speakers and a subwoofer. Do you have that many speakers?

How many RCA inputs does it have?

If each of the speakers has an amplifier, then you could find the input to each amp, disconnect it from the source, and connect your 4.1 signal to those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back