Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audio encoding help

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeepItSimpleStupid

Most Helpful Member
No one ever talks about Audio/Video here, so I guess it's my turn or find another forum to help me.

I need to encode L/F to one of the following audio formats "on the fly" : mpg2; mpeg2 AAC; mpeg4 AAC; AC 3 (Dolby Digital)

I really believe I need AAC or Dolby Digital. It would probably make sense to mix L/R to 5.1 AC3. The AC3 spec is here:
http://atsc.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/A52-201212-17.pdf

I also have the choice of 64, 128, 96, 128, , 192 256, 320 kbps which I think is: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7; the .1 is always assumed. e,f, 128 is 2.1, 128 is 5.1 and 320 is 7.1
Could be wrong though. ATSC TV supports 5.1 audio. I think the audio sample rate is mixed in there somehow. The 320 is an outlier.

If this **broken link removed** thing had a spec sheet I could understand

So, it says this:
Real-Time HDMI Audio Encoding
This HDMI audio processor provides users with easy external ways to:
  • encode optical audio of PCM 2-CH, Dolby Digital 5.1, DTS 5.1 type input to HDMI output
  • encode analog stereo L/R input to HDMI output
  • transmit audio through HDMI cable for home theater, studio setup or public broadcasting
But I think it means, this:

• INSERTS optical audio of PCM 2-CH, Dolby Digital 5.1, DTS 5.1 type input to HDMI output
  • INSERTS PCM AUDIO FROM A stereo L/R input to HDMI output
  • transmit audio through HDMI cable for home theater, studio setup or public broadcasting
Why? The Yahoo's that developed HDMI, said it has to have video information, How STUPID!!!!!!

I will have a standard L/R audio source, an AM/FM tuner to keep things simple that I want to distribute through GIZMO A. GIZMO A only accepts HDMI.
GIZMO A is a 4*ATSC RF modulator and IPTV multicaster. GIZMO A, I have.

I also have an web page controlled ATSC and IPTV tuner. That looks easier to integrate.

I need a GIZMO C that generates HDMI video and inserts up-mixed AAC 5.1 audio from a L/R source. I'd rather not have a blue screen, but a black screen. I don't know if black screens are legal. Thus having a blue screen makes part of it testable.

I THINK I have an encoded RF signal from an HDMI tuner output. I've verified signal strength, but not signal.

My first HDMI TV is still sitting in a box.

No one ever talks about Audio/Video here, so I guess it's my turn or find another forum to help me.

I need to encode L/F to one of the following audio formats "on the fly" : mpg2; mpeg2 AAC; mpeg4 AAC; AC 3 (Dolby Digital)

I really believe I need AAC or Dolby Digital. It would probably make sense to mix L/R to 5.1 AC3. The AC3 spec is here:
http://atsc.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/A52-201212-17.pdf

I also have the choice of 64, 128, 96, 128, , 192 256, 320 kbps which I think is: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7; the .1 is always assumed. e,f, 128 is 2.1, 128 is 5.1 and 320 is 7.1
Could be wrong though. ATSC TV supports 5.1 audio. I think the audio sample rate is mixed in there somehow. The 320 is an outlier.

If this **broken link removed** thing had a spec sheet I could understand

So, it says this:
But I think it means, this:

• INSERTS optical audio of PCM 2-CH, Dolby Digital 5.1, DTS 5.1 type input to HDMI output
    • INSERTS PCM AUDIO FROM A stereo L/R input to HDMI output
Why? The Yahoo's that developed HDMI, said it has to have video information, How STUPID!!!!!!

I will have a standard L/R audio source, an AM/FM tuner to keep things simple that I want to distribute through GIZMO A. GIZMO A only accepts HDMI.
GIZMO A is a 4*ATSC RF modulator and IPTV multicaster. GIZMO A, I have.

I also have an web page controlled ATSC and IPTV tuner. That looks easier to integrate.

I need a GIZMO C that generates HDMI video and inserts up-mixed AAC 5.1 audio from a L/R source. I'd rather not have a blue screen, but a black screen. I don't know if black screens are legal. Thus having a blue screen makes part of it testable.

I THINK I have an encoded RF signal from an HDMI tuner output. I've verified signal strength, but not signal.

My first HDMI TV is still sitting in a box.

hi, firstly, thank you for your sharing. I just wanna know why didn't you mention flac or alac, i remembered that the two audio format is loses and popular, if you talk about audio encoding, i think from these two ways to start will be more likely to cause resonance, well, it is just my personal opinion, if you are offended, please forgive me, i think this article also benefits us who are interested in audio, i wanna share with you. here is the link: https://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tips/flac-to-alac.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back