Audio encoding help

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeepItSimpleStupid

Most Helpful Member
No one ever talks about Audio/Video here, so I guess it's my turn or find another forum to help me.

I need to encode L/F to one of the following audio formats "on the fly" : mpg2; mpeg2 AAC; mpeg4 AAC; AC 3 (Dolby Digital)

I really believe I need AAC or Dolby Digital. It would probably make sense to mix L/R to 5.1 AC3. The AC3 spec is here:
http://atsc.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/A52-201212-17.pdf

I also have the choice of 64, 128, 96, 128, , 192 256, 320 kbps which I think is: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7; the .1 is always assumed. e,f, 128 is 2.1, 128 is 5.1 and 320 is 7.1
Could be wrong though. ATSC TV supports 5.1 audio. I think the audio sample rate is mixed in there somehow. The 320 is an outlier.

If this **broken link removed** thing had a spec sheet I could understand

So, it says this:
But I think it means, this:

Real-Time HDMI Audio Encoding
This HDMI audio processor provides users with easy external ways to:

• INSERTS optical audio of PCM 2-CH, Dolby Digital 5.1, DTS 5.1 type input to HDMI output
  • INSERTS PCM AUDIO FROM A stereo L/R input to HDMI output
  • transmit audio through HDMI cable for home theater, studio setup or public broadcasting
Why? The Yahoo's that developed HDMI, said it has to have video information, How STUPID!!!!!!

I will have a standard L/R audio source, an AM/FM tuner to keep things simple that I want to distribute through GIZMO A. GIZMO A only accepts HDMI.
GIZMO A is a 4*ATSC RF modulator and IPTV multicaster. GIZMO A, I have.

I also have an web page controlled ATSC and IPTV tuner. That looks easier to integrate.

I need a GIZMO C that generates HDMI video and inserts up-mixed AAC 5.1 audio from a L/R source. I'd rather not have a blue screen, but a black screen. I don't know if black screens are legal. Thus having a blue screen makes part of it testable.

I THINK I have an encoded RF signal from an HDMI tuner output. I've verified signal strength, but not signal.

My first HDMI TV is still sitting in a box.

hi, firstly, thank you for your sharing. I just wanna know why didn't you mention flac or alac, i remembered that the two audio format is loses and popular, if you talk about audio encoding, i think from these two ways to start will be more likely to cause resonance, well, it is just my personal opinion, if you are offended, please forgive me, i think this article also benefits us who are interested in audio, i wanna share with you. here is the link: https://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tips/flac-to-alac.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…