Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audio cassetes songs to computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

vr

Hi,
there are many audio casettes with me. is there any way these songs in a casette player and connect it to the computer and get it into a hard disk as files? this will enable me to copy them into a CD.
Thank you.

Does your computer have a microphone socket?

tansis said:
Does your computer have a microphone socket?

The microphone socket is no use, it's too sensitive, and only mono?.

Simply connect the line-out from the cassette player to line-in on the soundcard. I did a friends demo tape to CD in this way, back from when he was in a punk band :lol:

:lol: I will not speak for all motherboards and sound cards
but the Acer and Emachine ATX variants do have stereo input
implemented on the microphone socket , as for it being to
sensitive, lowering the PC's software slider or the external volume source
a notch or two stops the input amp acting like a schmitt trigger.
Never gave me any trouble when I transfered my old open reel tapes.

At this point I would like to remind all that copying commercialy produced
music is not only against the law but it also makes the poor sod who persuaded the likes of "Aerosmith" and the "Red Hot Chilli Peppers" to encrypt thier greatest hits cds so they wouldn't copy in a cd-rom drive ,look like a complete jackass.

Thank you both Nigel Goodwin and tansis. tansis post in this thread brings up a question from me:
These cassetes, are music/song cassettes, purchased from retail stores. Can a person not transfer music/song from one's own purchased cassette to a CD?

vr said:
Thank you both Nigel Goodwin and tansis. tansis post in this thread brings up a question from me:
These cassetes, are music/song cassettes, purchased from retail stores. Can a person not transfer music/song from one's own purchased cassette to a CD?

It depends on the laws in your particular country, in the UK it's certainly 'questionable' to do so. I've only ever done a friends personal demo tape to CD, which he owned the copyright on.

I've never bought prerecorded cassettes, I've always thought them a total waste of time! - poor reliability, and poor sound quality.

Provided tou are not making duplicates of copyrighted material
for personal of financial gain then you should be alright.

The creation of personal compilation tapes or Cd's is usually
tolerated provided you own the genuine source and still it's playable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back