Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

audio amplifier simulation circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

franticET

Hi
i want to create a simulation model or a simplified circuit that could simulate this audio amplifier:

**broken link removed**

The part where I would be most interested in is the dc volume control stage and final differential stage.

Anyone could help me?

For the gain control: you can make a multiplier function that has a gain of -40db at 0.4V, 0db at 0.7v , and +40db at 1V.
It will tale a little work to limit the gain to +40db.
"muting" the gain below 0.4V will take some work.

The output is just a power amp with a gain of 1.

I don't see a spice model. If you build a function it will only be partly accurate. You should limit the bandwidth and slew rate to get closer.

For the gain control: you can make a multiplier function that has a gain of -40db at 0.4V, 0db at 0.7v , and +40db at 1V.
It will tale a little work to limit the gain to +40db.
"muting" the gain below 0.4V will take some work.

The output is just a power amp with a gain of 1.

I don't see a spice model. If you build a function it will only be partly accurate. You should limit the bandwidth and slew rate to get closer.

I am in difficulties in defining the multiplier function...:banghead:
Could you help me please? :sorry:

I am in difficulties in defining the multiplier function...:banghead:
Could you help me please?

Can you post your asc file.? see how you are trying to solve it.
E

I have not yet created the file because I do not know how define the function....i try to think something...
I know that
Vout=Vin*G
where G=F(Vdc)... G it is not simply log(Vdc) right?

I have not yet created the file because I do not know how define the function....i try to think something...
I know that
Vout=Vin*G
where G=F(Vdc)... G it is not simply log(Vdc) right?
hi,
Have you considered the 'modulate models' in the 'special functions' folder.?
Also the 'behavioural voltage/current sources' with a suitable formula could be a solution.
E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back