Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audio amplifier design

Status
Not open for further replies.

varunperumal

Hi all,

I am building a project in which i need to take in an audio signal and then amplify the various frequency components to different amplitudes. My current approach is to use active band pass filters (7 bands in octaves from 250- 8000hz) to segregate the different frequencies and then amplifying them. I am trying out various kinds of filters such as , butterworth, bessel and chebyshev .

The issue is that since my bands are adjacent to each other, a high gain in one band is amplifying the frequencies in the adjacent bands as well. The filter cut off is not steep enough. Is there any standard way to accomplish what i am trying to do ?

I know it is similar to building an equalizer. Is there any standard ic i can use for this sort of thing?

Thanks in advance,
Varun

Last edited:
Dear electronics_shamim,

Thank you very much for the reply, the IC seems to be a good fit. But the availability seems to be an issue with it... would it be more prudent to design the circuit from scratch?

-Varun

Google "7 band graphic equalizer circuit diagram" and look around. There are many images of circuits. Pick one and then post it here if you still need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back