Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ATX psu tester

Status
Not open for further replies.

derick007

I am thinking of buying the thernmaltake dr power ii ATX psu tester. Any experience/advice/suggestions ?
It has a 24 pin connector, I have a Compaq ATX psu with a 20 pin connector ?
Cheers

Save your money and buy one of those cheap little testers with the blue LCD voltmeters on it from China on Ebay. Pretty accurate reading and tests just about every supply connector :) Here's a link to what I'm talking about, but there are loads of other suppliers of it: **broken link removed**

Save your money and buy one of those cheap little testers with the blue LCD voltmeters on it from China on Ebay. Pretty accurate reading and tests just about every supply connector :) Here's a link to what I'm talking about, but there are loads of other suppliers of it: **broken link removed**

Thanks for getting back. I have read some feedback from users from similiar devices. The dr power one seemed to be the only one with very good reviews.

I suppose it really depends on what you plan for it, but I have several of the ones I linked to and never had an issue with either of them. They do exactly what they are supposed to do, that is, give you a go/ no go test on a PSU with the voltmeters telling you which rail is likely causing trouble. I dunno what else you would use it for. The Thermaltake tester is not any better, just a lot more expensive :)

wow you couldnt make one for that money!! very very cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back