Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ATX PS Spec Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

savage

Hi,

I got the ATX PS specs at formfactors.org, hopefully wanting to use these power supplies and implement them properly into projects of mine.

The spec indicates that there are 2 x +12V Rails supplied. +12V1 and +12V2. The 20/22 pin ATX connector only features the +12V1 Rail, and they do not indicate whether +12V1 or +12V2 are used in the other output connectors (HDD, Floppy, SATA, etc connectors).

Does anyone know where the second +12V Rail (+12V2) is going to ? Either I'm blind, or the second rail is not used anywhere at any of the outputs of the power supply...

The spec also indicates that a maximum of 11.5A is posible on the +12V2 Rail at maximum load (250W), or even better 14A on +12V2 at 400W. These are a bit high for me... Does anyone have practical experience here? Witnessed it before? I'll be rather astonished if these Power Supplies are actually capable of delivery such a high load when required...

Thanks,
Chris.

The PC PSU without 5V loading not work properly.If You need full power from 12V out, need a hard modification.

Yeah, I know it needs a load on the 5V Rail. I'll be using 3.3, 5 and 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back