Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ATX power supply and Power Dremel

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyboy

I have a power dremel that has a bad rechargeable battery - unfortunately it is no longer under any warranty and I have a ton of wall-warts - and an ATX power supply sitting around -- I decided to tinker around abit and got it to work on 4 AA batteries just fine but that won't work permanently -- the dremel says 4.8 Volts and 4 AA's are what? 6 V? I am guessing that the electric motor in the dremel is pretty forgiving -- I decided that the 5 volt output of my ATX would work as a good power source as well -- seemed like a good idea -- but all it does is cut off the power supply when I hook it up the dremel -- the multimeter says 5.5 volts -- nice and steady - I am kind of scratching my chin -- what gives?? maybe not enough amperage? -- any suggestions would be helpful - I would hate to trash all this stuff.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back