Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

attiny2313

Status
Not open for further replies.
eng1 said:
I'd like to try an attiny2313. Could anyone recommend a suitable DIY programmer? Thanks

Hey Eng1,
please try at **broken link removed**
there is a link for isp prog software there on the site

it supports ATTINY2313 perhaps you may arrange for chip size based socket or some how extend the ISP relted 5 wires and it can programm insitu.
take precautions on cable length to be short and power supply properly filtered.
i use this programmer, and haven't used the buffer chip even.
as you know the device needs its crystal and related capacitors. this infocan be had from the datasheet of ATTINY2313.

All the best

One would also need a software running on the PC to control the programmer.

You can try the famous PonyProg, with the following parallel port interface.

AVR has a dragon board for $49. That and pull the AVRStudio, and have a really nice setup able to handle about all the Atmel people have.

It all works great. I have used the Tiny13 and Tiny2313 with no problems.

For $50 (US) it is hard to justify building one. But if you google I did find and built one that did not work for the Tiny11.

Thank you very much for your replies. I am retrieving all information I might need to start programming the 2313, so I'll probably be back with other questions ;) Thanks again

Last edited:
mramos1 said:
AVR has a dragon board for $49. That and pull the AVRStudio, and have a really nice setup able to handle about all the Atmel people have.

It all works great. I have used the Tiny13 and Tiny2313 with no problems.

For $50 (US) it is hard to justify building one. But if you google I did find and built one that did not work for the Tiny11.

The Dragon is great, it's my first and only programmer. Mostly do Tiny13, couple of 2313, and one tiny26. Don't understand the ISP/Debug wire stuff, but hasn't been a huge need yet, but can see a need in a robobug project I'm about to get started on.

https://www.instructables.com/id/Ghetto-Programming:-Getting-started-with-AVR-micro/
Think this is the simplest/cheapest programmer I've run across. Never even thought about trying it, but have seen it mentioned on several other sites, so probably works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back