Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Atmel AT89CXX51 family Programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clyd3

Hey Everyone,

I need to get my hands on a cheap programmer for the Atmel AT89CXX51 family as soon as possible. I am quite familiar with PICs, have a couple handy programmers there, but nothing for atmel. Using another guy's code, and am not willing to rewrite for this purpose. Any hints on one I could build up or purchase?
For PICs, there is an LVP cable (from **broken link removed**) that is just a simple set of wires with a few resistors, and that can program. Please tell me there is something like that for Atmel???
The Rand dollar has gone from below 7 to over 10 South African Rand to the US dollar, so let's just say importing isn't as easy as it was for a student (as poor as any other student...)

Hope you are all having a good festive season, feels like it has started early, since exams are over...

Hey Everyone,

I need to get my hands on a cheap programmer for the Atmel AT89CXX51 family as soon as possible. I am quite familiar with PICs, have a couple handy programmers there, but nothing for atmel. Using another guy's code, and am not willing to rewrite for this purpose. Any hints on one I could build up or purchase?
For PICs, there is an LVP cable (from **broken link removed**) that is just a simple set of wires with a few resistors, and that can program. Please tell me there is something like that for Atmel???
The Rand dollar has gone from below 7 to over 10 South African Rand to the US dollar, so let's just say importing isn't as easy as it was for a student (as poor as any other student...)
Hope you are all having a good festive season, feels like it has started early, since exams are over...
I feel that you may not get blocked by 89C series as they spcifically need parallel programming involving lot of circuitry and 12V programming voltage. Also, these devices are costly compared to the FLASH replacements
like 89S51 , 52, 53 etc

These Flash devices can well be programmed by using ISP flash programmer (though using parallel port, the circuits are simpler and no need for 12V. they can be easily erased and re programmed. For a programmer of this type you may see at
1. adam Dybkovsky ISP programmer and software
2. ashimkhan ISP programmer and
3. another simple programmer at **broken link removed** this also incidentally uses dybkovski software only
Here you need to connect the body of the PC to the -Vss (return of the supply of the device under programming.)

Hope this info helps you

Hey Everyone,

Its better to go for AT89SXXX as it can be programmed in-system. You will be able to get cheap development/**broken link removed** tools for it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back