Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Atmel AT86RF211 Transceiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

blitzalpha

I'm using this transceiver as part of a school project, however, I'm not sure how to use it since I'm still fairly new to electronics. I've read through the spec sheet for it a few times but I'm having difficulty understanding it. The link is: https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2004/04/DOC1942PDF.pdf

I'll be using two of these transceivers in my project. One as a transmitter and the other as a receiver. I just want to transmit a regular sine wave to the receiver so that I can read the rssi output and determine the strength of the signal.

Does anyone know how I could do this? Where could I find example programs for these transceivers? What circuitry would i need for the tx/rx? Thanks in advance.

Hi:

I believe you are looking at the wrong part for what you intend to do. These transceivers are intended for digital data as opposed to analog signals.

Jem

digital modulation

hi
i am looking for a tx/rx on a single chip that receives serial ascii or binary ( doesn't matter ) and modulates it with fsk or anything so that the rx receives it and decodes it back to serial ascii/binary.
is this IC what i amlooking for ?

Re: digital modulation

zambalik said:
hi
i am looking for a tx/rx on a single chip that receives serial ascii or binary ( doesn't matter ) and modulates it with fsk or anything so that the rx receives it and decodes it back to serial ascii/binary.
is this IC what i amlooking for ?

Yes. However, if you do not have RF experience, it might work poorly (not enough range), or not at all. In any case, in the 915 MHz ISM band, a PCB is a must. FR4-type PCB's barely cuts it, and you do need a good ground plane. In other words, the PCB might be a tad expensive.

If you don't mind using premade modules (and you are in North America), check out Linx technologies (www.linxtechnologies.com) for such modules. Digikey also sells them. There are others as well.

Jem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back