Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ATMEL 8051 developement kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

zambalik

hi
i have a project at college which is building a 8051 developement kit on a PCB. i have read about it but didn't understand a word.
plz tell me what is a development kit for 8051 and what is the paulman2 program ?
thanx

Development kit is microcontroller based system which has ample amount of RAM and I/O's and a monitor (operating system of the kit) program written into ROM. Program development becomes easier using development kit because you can download your program and execuute it directly from RAM instead of burning a ROM each time you make some changes. This save plenty of development time. Once the program is tested and found to be working all right, you can finally burn it into microcontroller's ROM.

In short, you test your program first on a development kit and then finally put it into your designed system.

Paulmon2 is a very flexible open source monitor for 8051. It has many inbuilt user-friendly functions like single stepping, disassembler, direct download of Intel Hex format to kit's RAM etc.

You can find more info. on Paulmon2 and plans to build your kit at www.pjrc.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back