Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ATMEGA8 Bootloader

Status
Not open for further replies.

meles

Hi,

I have always used a programmer for the microcontrollers that I've used (PICs) , but now I am using the ATMEGA8 and I need to know the best way to program it without buying a programmer. I've heard about the bootloader and the specifications mention "In-system self-programmable flash" but don't know much about it. Does anybody know the simplest way to set up the microcontroller so that I can easily program it? Is it just through the serial port (UART-RS232)?

Thanks

I use the STK500 (that I bought way before the MEGA8 came out) to program them. Same as all the other DIP Atmel chips? You can just move the pins and use the same programmer? Take two DIP sockets and cross wire the pics to fit your old programmer. I think there is a post with the pins you need to connect on the forums here. Or match them from the data app sheet..

Just a thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back