Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ATmega644p fuses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nedix

Hello,
I have a Nixie schematic with an ATmega644p and it has an external clock oscillator (CMOS/TTL), the one here: https://www.comtec-crystals.com/docs/G/GBA.htm . The oscillator is at 32Mhz, it connects to pin 12 (XTAL2) of the MCU and I need help in setting up the fuses. I looked at several fuses calculators but I still cannot figure out what I have to select for the lfuse.
Can anyone provide help on this one? I'm a newbie in MCUs so please take it slow with me.
Thanks

Not very helpful, of course I used the fuse calculator at that link but, as I previously said, I didn't figure out what the settings should be. I posted the question on another forum and I got an immediate answer; for whoever is interested, the fuses should be:
lfuse: 0xFo
hfuse: 0x99
efuse: 0xFF

Which settings you couldnt figure out? As I said, you ened to use the external oscillator setting. The start up time depends on application. What else is there to figure out?

When You're not shure use the longest possible start up time an activate the brown out detection.
So the Controller and the peripheral chips has enough time to start up when the voltage is stable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back