Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AT89s51 and AT89c51

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all,

recently i've hard that atmel has stopped making AT89c51/52 and is replaced by AT89s51/52..

is that true...

and if yes then... is that also true that AT89s series can be programmed serially...

if yes then can someone give hint where can i get the schematic and software for programming this microcontroller...:)

Try this

**broken link removed**

Firmware for AT89C2051 & Flash Programmer Software in the attachments.

Attachments

• Firmware v1.2.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 1,097
  • ISP_PROG v1.2.zip
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,206
  • ISP89S_sch.GIF
    ISP89S_sch.GIF
    11.2 KB · Views: 5,408
Target board
That’s the board with socket that you place your chip (the empty chip which you are going to program)
It consists of 5 lines with ground. The programming pins in the ATMEL chip (the pins that help to program) must connect to this five lines coming to the target board.
If you need the VDD line as well you can bring that line too.

The chip already there in the circuit is used to program other ATMEL chips. It must load the FIRMWARE first but it must program from another programmer.

After you program the main chip (89C2051) it must there permanently. After all these done you are ready to program other ATMEL chips.

thanks soyza..

thanks soyza..

for your esteemed help... you have taught me one simple thing ...
" if you want to be helped then help others"...

thanks once again...

simran..
india.

hey guys... i have some questions here...

1) As mentioned, the AT89C51 must be load with the firmware first.. but Im not sure how to do that.. isn't just construct the circuit, then placed the AT89c51 permanently in the circuit and load the firmware from the Laptop COM port to the entire circuit?

2) Can I use AT89c52 instead of AT89c51??

3) From the target board, where should I connect the 5 lines to my AT89S51 which have 40pins?

hope u guys can help me asap... really urgent... many thanks!!!!

chunei said:
hey guys... i have some questions here...

1) As mentioned, the AT89C51 must be load with the firmware first.. but Im not sure how to do that.. isn't just construct the circuit, then placed the AT89c51 permanently in the circuit and load the firmware from the Laptop COM port to the entire circuit?
This is the worst part, you have to program the AT89C51 from a different programmer from your friends’ ones etc…..

2) Can I use AT89c52 instead of AT89c51??
The firmware is written to AT89C2051 you have to use the same.

3) From the target board, where should I connect the 5 lines to my AT89S51 which have 40pins?
See the data sheet it contains the programming pins which used when programming.

Here is the original you can ask him for the firmware for the latest AT series.
**broken link removed**

Oh... this might be a problem for me to find the programmer for the AT89c51...
by the way..
may I know if I can change my microcontroller to PIC type?? as my project is related to a digital number lock which consist of keypad, LCD and servo motor...

hope u can advise... :)

plus.. in this project i need to store password into memory so that the password is still when the power is off...

Last edited:
ok... my project need a chip that can store memory(few digits of numbers)...
so which model of PIC is more recommended??
how bout PIC16F877A?

p/s : may i know if u have any instant messenger for me to keep in touch with you??

Last edited:
I heard that 89s51 has a bigger memory. And we also can communicate with 89s51 directly. That's right? Anybody can give me some more about it.

simrantogether said:
Well.. why to buy the microcontrollers from website though.. the controllers in shop are just 10-20 cents expensive...

Well Im in the UK and I cant find 8051s in shops in highstreet...

I wonder what other classic micros I could get in India?
Ferranti F8, RCA 1802, NS SC/MP would be nice to get.
Could make a fortune on Ebay

edit: the following is a response to a post deleted by simrantogether, so if it seems out of context well what can you do.

I never said that India or anywhere else in the world was weak or not good.
India and quite a few places along the Pacific rim are off the free samples list of some major chip manufacturers and that can make it tough for students. I don't sell my kits in some countries not because I don't want to, it's simply economics. A $40US kit which is inexpensive in some parts of the world is like a months wages in other parts. The notorious ship graveyards in India pay only $2 day for dangerous work.
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/locations/ship-breaking.shtml (this is a local photographer from Toronto, great site)
I can't buy a microcontroller off the street in Toronto for less than $1 where as you can, albeit an ancient chip.
On the other hand India massive supply of inexpensive english speaking labor has made it a booming business for call centers & software programmers. The bad news is it's mainly because it's cheap labor, China has a similar situation. If I want something manufactured cheap and in large quantity; China is the place to do it.

Last edited:
well...

the kit that you are selling for $40.. our co. designs and sells that at $ 60 - 80/-.. Do you think $ 40 a huge amount?
well.. you dont buy the pic for $1 ... same here...:eek:

while talking about wages of poor people... I have no problem but something you are lagging.. :p

talking about world's fourth largest economy..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)

also see these links.. dont miss any..

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
https://in.rediff.com/money/2006/jan/25india1.htm

compare this ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_billionaires_(2007)
**broken link removed**
https://www.rediff.com/money/2003/oct/06sld.htm
https://www.rediff.com/money/2004/dec/08richest.htm

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back