Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AT89C4051 assembly code compiler question

Status
Not open for further replies.

fiveten

I am having problems converting an .asm code file to hex. The assembler I am using is a demo, it will compile the code and I can run it in a simulator fine. It however will not produce a hex file I can burn to my chip. I have tried other programs, I.E. Keil, sdcc and uc51 along with a few others. The asm code that workis in the demo I have will not work in these other programs. My question is..is there a compiler where I do not have to use C code within my assembly code. I do not have a clue how to program in C. Do I need to learn C first? or is there a program that will work.

Thanks for any help, fiveten

I am having problems with my code. I have pieces this code together from others, it is not all mine. When I run the code in my simulator with the step by step mode I was able to get the lcd to operate. If I use the run feature in my simulator the lcd will not work. It will also not work when I burn it to my 89C4051. This is the code I used. I am a beginner and know I have some errors. Thank you for any feedback.

fiveten

Attachments

• lcd.txt
    2.9 KB · Views: 260
I was able to figure it out, I needed to delay my mpu upon powerup in order to wait for the lcd to power up.

Thanks for you guys how helped me.

fiveten

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back