Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AT42QT2160 for a keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamthebest235

I'm trying to make a touch proximity keyboard (capacitive touch) with the QT2160 IC (as it is the only IC I have). I only need 8 buttons. I have already mapped out a PS/2 Keyboard and have its circuit board/chip.

2 of the keys that I am trying are combination/chorded keys (for example, Ctrl+V).
How do I design the circuit so that a touch on one electrode registers as 'Ctrl+V'?
How do I utilize the QT2160 for this project?

Thanks for your help.

How about reading the PDF for your chip?

I did that. I don't have a electronic background, and the pdf looks a little confusing in terms of the circuit. I get almost all of it except like i mentioned how to do the chorded keys and what the circuit should look like...just a simple example would be sufficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back