Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AT mega 16 and AT mega 32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you looked at the data sheets from Atmel? I use the Tiny series, but guessing the main differences would be flash and pin count, max clock speed.

I looked into the ATMega16 a while ago, only because it was the smallest to support JTAG interface. Didn't think it was something I really needed for the size or price.

Atmega16 and Atmega32 mainly different in the flash,eprom,ram capabilities. Basically instruction set, peripherals almost same. There might be small changes in peripherals. I normally use atmega32. atmega 16 have 16kb flash and atmega32 have 32kb flash.See my projects on atmega32
http://avrmicrocontroller.googlepages.com/introductiontoAVRmicrocontroller.html
If you are searching for a good microcontroller, then better go for 32bit arm, since you know 8051.

Bibin John
www.bibinjohn.tk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back