Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

At Golfo Nuevo

Status
Not open for further replies.

atferrari

Most Helpful Member
It is not whales season yet at Golfo Nuevo, when they come in and mate since late May until late October, but, sea-wolves stay around the whole year.

Pictures taken little before Easter.

Attachments

• Puerto Madryn 2013.pdf
    718.5 KB · Views: 287
This guy has the right idea...
...totally laid back and chilling out!

JimB

Attachments

• Laid back.JPG
    Laid back.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 239
It is hard to believe but if nothing disturbs them, they stay like that for hours...

I am not sure but they seem to enjoy sun. (?)

Hi,

Some animals like that lie in the sun to collect heat energy to help with their body temperature.

Cool animals. The penguin is cool too.

Penguins

The penguin is cool too.

I had the chance to see lot of penguins during two campaigns in Antarctica.

Their ability to displace in the water is incredible. When moving quite fast, one or two meters below the surface, they make 90º turns effortlessly, but when it comes to walk on the beach, they are incredibly limited to the point they cannot run at all. That is why we call them "pájaro bobo" (silly bird).

If you chase them, they will fall and have to crawl until reaching the water.

Once, when passing with our vessel along an ice field, I saw maybe 10 or 15 penguins standing on the edge of an small tabular piece of ice and a seal on the water making turns in front of them.

They were all moving continuously to the sides against its neighbours, obviously trying to make one of them to fall into the water. Finally one did. Since the group was falling behind, it became out of sight.

I couldn't see what the seal did.

But sure, I can guess.

Attachments

• pájaro bobo no tan bobo.gif
    pájaro bobo no tan bobo.gif
    444 KB · Views: 272
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back