Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Asyc serial interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

weegee

hi all

am i right that if the device that im driving has a clk pin and a data in pin (max7219) that i can make the serial data at any speed i want, eg if i sent out a digit over the data line, i cound send the next digit when ever i wanted, eg it doesnt need to be a fixed speed.

and i could make it run as fast as possible up to 80khz - max speed of the chip.

thanks

weegee said:
hi all

am i right that if the device that im driving has a clk pin and a data in pin (max7219) that i can make the serial data at any speed i want, eg if i sent out a digit over the data line, i cound send the next digit when ever i wanted, eg it doesnt need to be a fixed speed.

and i could make it run as fast as possible up to 80khz - max speed of the chip.

Yes, it's syncronous transfer, you provide the clock at whatever speed you want - within the limitations of the circuit.

sorry about the bad description, but i couldnt quite get my head round what i wanted to say.

Thanks

Graham

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back