Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Asuro Robot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkham00

Is there anyone who has ever used a small robot called ASURO? I'd like to buy one but I've not found a single word about it in this site but it should be very interesting: very cheap, full of features and sensors, in kit etc. It should be easy available in Europe and US. It's not very different, in my opinion, from the Mongoose presented by Blueroomelectronics in some threads (ok, the mechanical part is not as good in Asuro).
Here are some links to the kit (sorry for the german but it seems very popular just there):
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASURO (quick reference)
Arexx.com (maker)
DLR Institute (project)

You can buy it at Conrad.de
If you have a PC with windows visa you may find it difficult to get the robot working because you have to buy seperately a USB transceiver (not included in the standard packing) and the program needed for visa to make the USB ports serial has to be purchased separately. Even than I have not been able to get the thing wording.

I bought an Asuro last year and it's working very well. I use an RS232 serial port of my Vista desktop PC. I just added a very cheap RS232 board to use the standard interface supplied with the kit without buying anything other. Just use a true serial port and not an USB/RS232 converter. I had a lot of fun with Asuro and its simple C programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back