Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Astable switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

circuitfish

I'm only a novice so laugh all you want, but can anyone tell me/show me how to set off an astable with a push-button. My astable is set up like below:
Any help is appreciated a lot.
**broken link removed**

Can you just use a latching pushbutton? Or do you need a momentary - push ON - push OFF? Or do you just need a button to make it start and can use a different switch to reset it?

Last edited:
I just need a circuit diagram of how to wire a push button to an astable so that I can turn it off and on.
Sorry for the lack of clarity.

I guess what I am getting at is can you use a push button switch with an ON and OFF state built into it mechanically? If you can use a switch like this, all you need to do is either put it inline with pin 1 or 8 of the 555 IC. Pin 1 is ground and 8 is your positive supply voltage, breaking either will turn it off.

If you have a momentary pushbutton that you want to use to toggle it on and off, you will need a circuit. There is more then one way to do it, but a flip flop comes to mind.

http://www.cpemma.co.uk/flipflop.html

Give that a read through if your looking for a latching circuit. They are controling a fan, but your 555 astable circuit could take its place.

try one of these

here is a website that spills all the beans about the 555 or better yet the 7555
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back