Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Asssembly error - PIC IDE 6.92

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKDJ

Hi

I'm getting a weird problem when using the oshonsoft PICBASIC IDE V6.92.

I have been happily using the IDE for years (different versions) and have been working on a program that was going well until I made some changes to the program source code and I am now getting an error mnessage that says there is 1 assembly error but it does not tell me what the error is.

I'm not getting any compiler error messages

Anyone had this problem before?

Thanks

Paul

Hi

I'm getting a weird problem when using the oshonsoft PICBASIC IDE V6.92.

I have been happily using the IDE for years (different versions) and have been working on a program that was going well until I made some changes to the program source code and I am now getting an error mnessage that says there is 1 assembly error but it does not tell me what the error is.

I'm not getting any compiler error messages

Anyone had this problem before?

Thanks

Paul

hi Paul,
Are you using any ASM commands in your files, these are the most likely cause of errors Oshonsoft will not locate the line with the error
E

Hi Eric,

I am using ASM in my code but thisportion has not changed for a long while so I don't think it will be the problem.

I am doing a lot of nested 'if's' and 'select cases', could that be causing a problem?

Thanks

Paul

Hi Eric,

I am using ASM in my code but thisportion has not changed for a long while so I don't think it will be the problem.

I am doing a lot of nested 'if's' and 'select cases', could that be causing a problem?

Thanks

Paul

hi,
If you post your source code I will try it out in my Oshonsoft.

E.

Thanks for all the suggestions

Hi All,

Think I haver tracked down my problem.

I was using some long variable names i.e. 5 or 6 words joined with underscores

I have shortened the variable names and my code now compiles and assembles OK.

Now all I have to do is test and debug!

Thanks

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back