Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Assembly language programming help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonia123

Hello Friends,

I have a very fundamental question, from the code in the attachment, how many times do you think is SCASW executed? Well, the correct answer is two, but I just don't understand why. Any logical explanation would be much appreciated .
Thanks all

Sonia123,

how many times do you think is SCASW executed? Well, the correct answer is two, but I just don't understand why.

It would have been nice of you to tell us what CPU the code is for so we can look up the instruction in the manual or the internet. Fortunately, I recognize it as Intel 16-bit code. The internet says the instruction will execute until it finds a word in memory pointed to by ES;DI, equal to the word in AX, or until it it scans the number of times in CX. It increments the DI register by 2 after each scan and decrements CX by 1. Since you did not provide a dump of the memory pointed to by ES;DI, there is no way to tell how many times the scan will go on.

Ratch

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back