Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Assembly houses in the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cicero

To all the UK guys,

Could any of you recommend a PCB assembly company in the UK? A company with contract SMD assembly capabilities.

Thanks

I think so, or I would go elsewhere... The do ship the PCB's in from China but they are of excellent quality... They have flow solder machines, pick and place machines, so when I get my boards they are good... My warranty return is low so I guess I can't complain...

Sounds good. Since you say they get their PCB's from China, I presume when you use them you just give them gerbers and a parts list and they do everything including stencil manufacturing as well?

Yes... I'm doing a new board right now.... Its not as heavy populated as some but it should be around £100 tooling and about £2.50 a PCB... The total cost per PCB populated ( hopefully ) shouldn't be much more than £15...

It's pretty upsetting as the board I was using ( Pinguino micro ) only cost £8.... But if it takes off I may get that price of £15 down..

What size of board are you needing to do..

Nothing as yet, but I'm relocating to your side of the world very soon so I'm just trying find out what's out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back